LIMITED TWO YEAR WARRANTY
Peace of Mind with our Limited Two-Year Warranty
At Goodwill Painting ®, our promise has always been that of Certainty — reassuring our customers of a worry-free and easy property improvement. Our limited two-year warranty can help provide you with some peace of mind as Goodwill Painting® refreshes your space.
In order to make a valid warranty claim, you will need to:
- Pay the full contract price.
- Retain a copy of the original contract.
- Retain a copy of your cancelled check or other evidence of payment in full.
- Pay for all materials used to perform the repairs.
- Make the property accessible to CertaPro Painters® to inspect the property and perform any warranty work and/or repairs
Please also note:
- This warranty gives you specific legal rights. Some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the limitations or exclusions may not apply to you.
- This limited warranty is the only express warranty made by CertaPro Painters® and is in lieu of all other warranties, express or implied. This warranty covers only those services provided by CertaPro Painters® to the original purchaser named on the front of the contract. In no event shall Goodwill Painting® be liable for incidental or consequential damages or damages in excess of the original contract price. This warranty may not be altered or extended for any purpose unless done so in writing in a document executed by all parties to this contract.
Subject to the limitations set forth below, for a period of two years from the date of completion of the work described on the front of your contract, the independently owned and operated Goodwill Painting® Franchise Owner named on the front of your contract will repair peeling, blistering or chipping paint resulting from defective workmanship.
How to Start a Warranty Claim
For warranty service, you should contact the independently owned and operated Goodwill Painting® Franchise Owner named on the front of your contract to schedule an inspection of your property. You can also contact Goodwill Painting by sending an email to email@example.com or calling (415) 812-6659.
This two-year warranty does not cover:
- Any work where Goodwill Painting did not supply the paint or other materials.
Any work which was not performed by Goodwill Painting®.
- Varnished surfaces.
- Surfaces made of, or containing, galvanized metal.
- The cost of paint required to perform the repairs.
- Repairs to horizontal surfaces or any surface that, by virtue of its design permits moisture to collect. Surfaces include, but are not limited to, decks, railings, stairs, porches, roofs, and wood gutters.
- Exact paint match as environmental conditions will affect the color and finish of all paints over time.
- Any repairs which are necessitated as a result of a defect in the paint regardless of whether the paint was supplied by Goodwill Painting® or the customer.
- Bleeding caused by knots, rust or cedar.
- Cracks in drywall, plaster or wood.
- Peeling, blistering or chipping where they are caused by:
- mill-glazing from smooth cedar
- ordinary wear and tear.
- abnormal use or misuse
- peeling of layers of paint existing prior to the work performed by Goodwill Painting®.
- structural defects.
- settling or movement.
- moisture content of the substrate.
- abrasion, mechanical damage, abrasive cleaning, abuse, or damage resulting from use of chemicals or cleaning agents or exposure to harmful solids, liquids or gases.
- damage or defects caused in whole or in part by reason of fire, explosion, flood, acts of God, extreme weather conditions, misuse, alterations, abuse, vandalism, negligence, or any other similar causes beyond the control ofGoodwill Painting®.
Repairs under this limited warranty will be performed only on the specific areas where peeling, blistering or chipping has occurred and only to the level of surface preparation described in the preparation section of this Contract.